Thursday, April 28, 2011

The Browns Draft, the INDIANS and all that other stuff
The Browns traded down, got an extra first and second round pick, and got a run-stopper from Baylor.

Yeah, I feel pretty good about this. While Phil Taylor has entered the race with Joe Smith for the most generic name in Cleveland sports (Smith still is favored).

Taylor is 6-foot-3 1/2,337 pounds. Basically, he gets weighed at truck stops. But moreso, he's a defensive tackle who can be paired with Ahtyba Rubin as part of a 4-3 allignment.

I've heard the phrase "when motivated" applied to Taylor. I was getting Gerard Warren flashbacks, but then I remembered that the Browns are now being run by professional football minds, who turned in a strong 2010 draft.

Overall, I'd call it a win. I wanted A.J. Green, the wide receiver at Georgia, but with him gone, I think the Browns gave themselves the best chance to be successful. Cleveland has nine picks in this year's draft. And unlike during the Eric Mangini years, they are not all backloaded.

- The Indians are 16-8, have won 10 straight home games, and are 4 1/2 games ahead in the Central. It might be time to start taking them seriously.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home